Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And these are the days of our lives...




After a visit to the best, at Duke University, it was determined that I likely have new cancer growing on my spine. They could not be positive, but felt that it would not be safe to leave it untreated. So, it looks like several months of intensive chemotherapy.

I started this Monday and Tuesday and so far I'm feeling well. I come back in four weeks to hopefully have more treatments, but only if my counts are good.

What our family really needs right now are prayers for my Mom's mother. Her name is Barbara Hodges and she is dying of pancreatic and colon cancer. She is in St. Thomas Hospital here in Nashville, so we have been able to stay and visit with her. She was diagnosed in November of 2008 and told she only had 5 months. She was always extremely healthy and now its 15 months later and things are going down hill quickly. I greatly appreciate your prayers and support for me, but I ask that you keep her in mind as well...

As most of you know, the past year and a half has been very difficult for our family, but it is important to remember 1st Corinthians 16:13-14 "Be on your guard; Stand firm in the faith; Be couraegous; Be strong. Do everything in Love."

There are so many days that it would be much easier to just be angry. Angry at God for choosing us. But, if there is one thing that I have learned through this all is that He is in charge, and therefore must have an incredible reason and blessing on the back end of it all. Not just for me, but our entire family. So, we must be on guard, stand firm in the faith, be couraegous, be strong, and remember that when we want to take out our anger on others or show our frustration, we must do everything in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment