Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cancer update and more knitting!

So I haven't updated in a while... This is my new short haircut! I figured since I'll be loosing it in a few weeks, it was time for a change! My boyfried Ryan has been great. Even when I'm grouchy and bite his head off, he has been so supportive and helpful! My family is the best too!

Since my last post alot has happend! On June 2nd I had surgery to remove the brain tumor. As it turns out, I was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma... A children's brain cancer that rarely appears in adults. Just a few days after surgery I was sent home and began to recover well.

I had great friends that came to visit for weeks and everyday I felt better than the next... Then came this week... On Tuesday my vision became worse and the headaches got really bad. After the doctors in Nashville reviewed tests from Thursday, we got a call at 8:00pm Friday night to report back to Vandy as soon as possible. So, after arriving at the hospital after 11:00pm, and tests until 5:00am, we found out that I now have a blood clot pressing on my optic nerve and some hemorrhaging behind my eyes. Even though it sounds a little scarry, at least they caught it early and feel confident that a few days in the hospital with blood thinners will cure the problem.

As of now, I'm still set to start radiation on Monday, June 6th and will do 6 weeks of treatment at Vanderbilt. I'll be staying at the Hope Lodge which is a free service of the American Cancer Society, and very nice. Several friends have volunteered to help come and stay with me and take me to treatments so that Mom doesn' t have to be there all the time over the 6 weeks.

So, in the mean time, I'm sitting here in the hospital, kitting away! I have to wait until my medicine kicks in so that I can see well enough, but I'm doing my best! Haha

Thanks to everyone for their love, support and prayers! It means so much and keeps my heart cheerful and my spirits up!

Proverbs 15:13 A cheerful heart brings a smile to your face; a sad heart makes it hard to get through the day.








No comments:

Post a Comment