Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A quick update...

So, I still have a blood clot pressing on my optic nerves and some hemorrhaging behind my eyes. We had hoped that a few days in the hospital with blood thinners will cure the problem, but it's taking a little longer than expected. While we had originally hoped to go home by Tuesday, now its looking a little more like late Thursday if not Friday. At least we hope to be home for the holiday weekend!

I'm still set to start radiation on Monday, June 6th and will do 6 weeks of treatment at Vanderbilt. Today I got the markers for the radiation therapy, and tomorrow they will be doing a final scan to verify everything and make sure we're on track to start Monday.

Like I mentioned before, I'll be staying at the Hope Lodge which is a free service of the American Cancer Society, and very nice. Several friends have volunteered to help come and stay with me and take me to treatments so that Mom does not have to be there all the time over the 6 weeks.

Thank you all for your continued prayers, love and support! Hopefully we'll be home for some normalcy on the weekend before starting radiation!

No comments:

Post a Comment