Monday, July 6, 2009

First Day of Treatments

Well, we are settled in at the Hope Lodge and I started treatments today. It wasn't too bad, and I'm feeling pretty good! They told me that it would take a few days before I started to feel too sick from the radiaiton, so I'm taking advantage of the good days. :) They have a computer room here so I do have some limited internet access. Other than that, I'm knitting of course!

Today, what is heavy on my heart is the situation in Honduras. Here is an email I received today...
Here is a note from a missionary friend who lives and works in Tegucigalpa. The president has been exiled from Honduras for the past week and claims he will return today:
"Today, the former president Zelaya returns to the capital of Honduras. He has invited mobs of people to "welcome" him, as the interim government threatens him with arrest upon his return. Thus far, this has been a bloodless change of government. But today? I pray for a good outcome. Thousands are camped out at the airport waiting for him. Riot police are there, too. Pray for lives to be spared."
Please join in prayer and email your friends to do likewise. So, as you can see, this is a dangerous situation for everyone.

The saddest part is that when things like this happen, the orphans suffer even more. No one can go and visit the orphanages, and they are often cut off from government support as far as food, supplies, etc. So, these innocent children are suffering even more, as if they don't already have it bad enough. So, for now, prayers are needed for those sweet children in Honduras more than for me. They are the ones suffering today!

No comments:

Post a Comment